Surgical Hair Replacement in Turkey
Surgical hair replacement is a hair growth procedure which is used to treat hair loss in men and women. Today, there are various techniques that can help surgically replace hair on a thinning or bald scalp or areas of injury.
There are many reasons for hair loss in men and women. The most common type of hair loss is androgenic alopecia, also known as male pattern baldness. Other factors that would require you to undergo a surgical hair replacement is injury to the scalp, inflammation, hair loss due to aging, genetic factors, and more.
Hair transplant surgery is so popular because it can help conceal areas of hair loss, burns, or permanent scarring, which results in boosting your self-confidence.
Types of Surgical Hair Replacement
If you are experiencing hair thinning or hair loss, there are several types of surgical hair replacement procedures that can help regain your hair and recover your confidence and aesthetics.
Hair transplant procedures are typically performed under local anesthesia. A treatment session can last anywhere between two and eight hours, depending on the number of hair grafts that need to be made.
A surgeon may transplant about 1,000 to 2,000 hair follicles in a single session. However, if you have large bald spots in your hair, it may require up to 4000 hair grafts in a session.
Since hair transplant sessions can take upto eight hours, many people choose to break a single session into two or three separate sessions.
Two to four weeks after the surgery, you may experience a condition called shock hair loss, which will result in a lot of hair shedding. Don’t worry about this since this is normal. After three to four months, your hair will start to recover and you will be able to see the full results after 12 to 18 months.
There are different types of hair transplants you can benefit from.
Standard FUE Hair Transplant
For a standard FUE hair transplant, your hair will be trimmed to a short stubble so that it can be easier to extract and implant it (however, there are methods available that do not require you to trim your hair for the transplant).
The surgeon will numb the scalp using local anesthesia. He will then use a fine and sharp punching tool to extract a hair graft along with the follicle. He will then make channels in the scalp where the hair needs to be implanted and place the grafted hair into it. This requires proper alignment and direction of the hair for best results.
Once the procedure is completed, a topical antibacterial cream is applied to the scalp to ward off infections. Your hair will start to recover after three to four months and will get a good volume in about 12 months’ time.
Sapphire Micro FUE Hair Transplant
A Sapphire Micro FUE hair transplant procedure is similar to the FUE hair transplant, with one important distinction – it uses sapphire blades rather than steel ones.
The synthetic sapphire blades are made in the lab with aluminum oxide, making them a hundred times harder than steel. As a result, they can cut sharper and in a more precise way.
The extraction procedure is the same as a standard FUE procedure; however, the implantation is done via the sapphire blade, which makes a narrower channel and ensures a better alignment and direction of the hair. As such, you can expect a better outcome using the Sapphire Micro FUE hair transplant procedure.
In addition, since the incisions are so narrow, there is minimal damage to the skin and a low risk of infection.
DHI Hair Transplant
A DHI hair transplant is an alternative form of FUE hair transplant procedure that involves using a thin, pen-like device, known as the Choi Implanter Pen. The surgeon will remove the hair graft from the donor site using a fine-tipped tool, and this step is the same as performed in a standard FUE hair transplant. However, the surgeon does not create channels to implant the hair. Instead, the Choi Implanter Pen is used to make an incision in the scalp and implant the hair graft inside.
The benefit of a DHI hair transplant procedure is that the hair follicles do not spend a lot of time outside the scalp, giving the graft a greater survival rate. In addition, DHI hair transplant may result in a shorter session than a standard FUE hair transplant.
What are Some Factors to Consider before Surgical Hair Replacement?
Before you get a surgical hair replacement treatment, it is important to consider the following factors:
- Make sure you provide your full medical history to the doctor, including any kind of medical conditions you might have or if you are using any medications.
- It is important to have realistic expectations. If you do not have much hair on your head, you will not get a full head of hair. The results of the surgery will depend on how dense and thick your remaining hair is.
- Following a surgical hair replacement procedure, you will experience sudden hair loss. This is known as shock hair loss and takes place after about two weeks. However, this doesn’t mean the procedure has failed. Instead, your hair will start to regrow three to four months after the surgery. You can check the full results of your operation after 12 to 18 months.
- Check whether you are covered by your health insurance. If your hair loss was caused by trauma, burns, or injury, the surgery might be considered reconstructive and may be covered by the insurance company.
- Avoid the use of substances at least three weeks ahead of the surgery. Smoking and alcohol consumption can lead to complications from the surgery. This includes the use of e-cigarette and tobacco.
- Depending on the cause of your hair loss, you may have to continue medical treatment after the surgical hair replacement procedure.
Schedule a Surgical Hair Replacement at TecniFUE Hair Clinic
Hair loss can be stressful and traumatic to an individual. However, do not give up hope. There are various surgical hair replacement procedures available that can help you get your hair back. TecniFUE Hair Clinic provides state-of-the-art hair implant procedures that can help men and women gain their confidence back. Our expert surgeon will discuss your hair needs with you and will create the right surgical treatment plan that will give you the best possible outcome.
To schedule an appointment, visit today at https://tecnifuehairclinic.com/